- About T-Mobile Network
T-mobile is a GSM network and is popular mostly in the United States but also available in some European countries. Most popular mobile devices come locked with T-Mobile network when consumer purchase these devices from retail store or make new purchases on internet stores like wirefly.com or amazon.com. All android devices that you purchase from T-Mobile will have the T-Mobile Unlock App pre-installed on the device.
Most common devices that come locked with T-Mobile network are iPhone, Samsung, LG, HTC, ZTE and other android devices. Normal contract with T-Mobile network can be for 2 to 3 years. During this period, there is usually a penalty that T-Mobile network charges for ending contract with the network. The penalty amount normally depends upon the number of months that you have been a paying customer with the network.
In the United States, you will pay the highest fees of all networks to terminate your contract early. Early termination fees are usually higher for iPhones that for Android based devices.
- About MetroPCS Network
MetroPCS is a GSM network and only operates in a few states in the US, primarily in the western United States. This network offers generous plans because its network is limited to only certain states within the US. Roaming charges apply when customer uses roaming service on other networks. Much like T-Mobile, it also has contract period of 2 to 3 years with you.
MetroPCS also charges penalty for early termination of contract much like the T-Mobile network but the amount is much less. Its iPhone early termination fee is significantly higher than Android based devices.
- Unlock T-Mobile or MetroPCS Device by Code
Traditional method of unlocking T-Mobile and MetroPCS Android based phones has always been by using an unlock code. This is also known as NCK Unlock Code. If you have a phone that you purchased in 2015 or prior, this is most likely the method that will be used to unlock your device.
If you have purchased an iPhone, the unlocking process still uses iTunes and the “Unlock App” will NOT impact your device.
Unlocking any phone with Unlock Code is usually a 2 step process:
- Order the unlock code: You can either request your current T-Mobile or MetroPCS network carrier to provide you this unlock code. The time and cost for this service may vary based on if your device is in contract or not.
Alternately, you can order the Unlock Code for either of the networks from our homepage.
- Your unlock code will be provided to you in email or Unlock App which you can enter into your device. You can follow these Unlocking Instructions to unlock your phone.
- How to Unlock T-mobile unlock app or MetroPCS Unlock App
Those android devices that you may have purchased in 2015 or prior which were updated by T-Mobile Unlock App or MetroPCS Unlock App in the latest network updates. You will see that the device will NOT be unlocked by traditional “Unlock Code” method. Instead, You will either need T-Mobile Unlock App or MetroPCS Unlock App as the case may be. Network unlocking your device via apps is also a 2 step process.
- Order your T-Mobile Unlock App here. To order MetroPCS Unlock App, click here.
- Once your device has been unlocked from your network, follow instructions on this page to get your device network unlocked.
- Ordered Unlock Code but my phone has T-Mobile Unlock App or MetroPCS Unlock App
- Unlock App service costs more than Unlock Code. we will send you a request via PayPal or credit card to pay for the difference in the service type. Upon receipt of this payment, your T-Mobile or MetroPCS Unlock App will be unlocked.
- If you wish to cancel your order for Unlock Code and your device has “Unlock App” installed, we will refund 100% of your purchase amount.
For additional information about your T-Mobile contract and unlocking terms and conditions, check here.
For additional information about your MetroPCS contract and unlocking terms and conditions, check here.